Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station, Offset and Elevation are NOT ToolTips!

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
troma
3986 Views, 24 Replies

Station, Offset and Elevation are NOT ToolTips!

Please, please tell me that I can turn off the ridiculously slowing ToolTips without loosing the ability to hover my cursor at a point and see the Station, Offset from an alignment and the surface elevations at that point!  Rubbing salt in my wounds, it appears I have to turn on the extraordinarily annoyingly messy extended ToolTips to be able to see the results from more than one alignment or surface at the same point.  Really??

(C3D 2011 32 bit)

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
bridge5659
in reply to: AllenJessup

I am having the same problem.  I was working in the my file and using the "ROLLOVER" to get existing elevations along my alignment.  The next thing I know, the rollover is not working.  I have searched all over the internet and I have checked ALL of my tooltips settings, and everything is right. 

The only step I did after I used rollever to get a surface elevation was create a proposed profile with the profile creation tools.  I then went to check what the proposed elevation was along my alignment and couldn't get anything to come up.  I tried closing the file and shutting down CIVIL 3D, but that did nothing.  I have even tried opening other files and cannot get station, offset, elevation using rollover in those files either.  Not sure why I cannot get it to work anymore.

I am using CIVIL 3D 2013 and any help is appreciated!

Message 22 of 25
troma
in reply to: bridge5659

This may be a layers problem.  Try turning all layers on and thawed.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 23 of 25
bridge5659
in reply to: bridge5659

I tried turning and unthawing all layers...still nothing.  I also installed the service pack which is supposed to improve the tooltips....nothing!

Any other ideas?

Message 24 of 25
peter.chaplinW6HWW
in reply to: troma

Here's the fix

On the Alignment or Surface Properties Dialog box,

Information Tab, Bottom left corner tick box Show tooltips

Message 25 of 25

FINALLY I can see my proposed surface!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report