Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station Label update problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
b.stark
484 Views, 2 Replies

Station Label update problem

I have a problem with some station labels I have, when I open the drawing(s) the labels display ??? instead of the station. After I manually sync the alignment in prospector, the drawing switches to the model tab with the ??? now showing correctly.

I have attached a screenshot showing issue.Sta Lbl Problem.jpg

Ideas??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: b.stark

Yes, you've encountered the "you can no longer have pipes in an xref when the pipe network is also dref'ed into your current drawing" feature.

This "feature" was introduced in C3D 2012, SP2.1, and has now migrated to C3D 2013 SP1 and C3D2014. Do a search for 'does not synchronize' or similar search terms and you will find a bunch of posts by myself and many more by others regarding this. The only way I have found around this is to never xref my pipe drawing into my production drawings that need the Dref's. Yes, I had to change my workflows to do this, but it's workable....not so much with existing projects, although I just split up a project that's been under way for a few years to avoid this issue.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
b.stark
in reply to: Jeff_M

The only problem with that is that it is any labels that reference and alignment that are having the issue, everything with pipes(that are not even data referenced) is good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report