Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup crash under certain conditions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rkmcswain
356 Views, 5 Replies

Startup crash under certain conditions

Civil 3D 2013, SP1.

Set STARTUP to 2, and make sure the Sheet Set Manager palette is visible.

Close Civil 3D, then restart it.

It should open in a zero-document state, with the SSM palette visible.

Now open a sheet set, and double click on a sheet in the SSM to open it.

When I do this, I get four "Unhandled Exception" dialogs in a row, then C3D disappears (crashes!)

Can anyone else repeat this? TIA.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi,

sorry, confirmed ;(

2013-02-08 13-59-54.png

Win7x64, Civil3D 2013 x64 SP1 German

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
neilyj666
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes - same here.....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: neilyj666

Thanks for the confirmation.

At least I know it's not just me.

Kind of defeats the purpose of STARTUP=2 unfortunately...

Message 5 of 6
rkmcswain

Apparently, they already know about it. Just received this reply via Subscription support.

Thank you for your update. I was able to replicate the issue with your steps and then after performing a research found that this issue is already in the hand of the development. It seems that the issue happens if there is no other drawing open. 

The ticket number is xxxxxxxxxxxx and is linked to this case.  Per process I will be closing this case out, but please know this is on the front side of support.  Behind the scenes this will remain active and further investigated by our development team here for future consideration in updates and product releases.  To further help compel the need for this functionality fix, please navigate to the link below to submit this feedback.  This will go to the project manager of the product and he in turn will bring this to the quarterly product review /discussion with the development team for further consideration on top of these efforts above.  This is a great tool and can help build further momentum in pushing this request through.
Message 6 of 6
neilyj666

I can't help feeling a bit cynical about the priority they give bugs such as this, seems it's easier to introduce something new and in the process break an existing feature....Smiley Frustrated

We'll no doubt see the importance of this issue in the 2014 release when it'll be fixed and they won't have broken anything that already works...Smiley Wink

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report