Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Station in Profile

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
oceanside
3478 Views, 3 Replies

Starting Station in Profile

I created a FG surface and an alignment with a starting station 0+00 with a point elevation of 13.19.  I created a profile of the alignment from the FG surface.  The Profile properties says it's starting point is 0+00 but it's not starting the alignment in the profile till station 1+00.  When I checked the profile properties, I see that the minimum elevation is 22.03 instead of the point elevation of 13.19 at station 0+00.  I changed under Profile View Properties...Elevations...User Specified Height the minimum elevation to be 13.19 and there was no change in the alignment in the Profile.  The point at station 0+00 is there in the surface but why is it not showing up in the alignment on the profile?

the best is at the beach!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccoles
in reply to: oceanside

I'm a bit confused. You have an FG surface. You have an alignment. The alignment starts at 0+00. The point of the surface at STA 0+00 is 13.19. Correct?

Now, you're trying to show the profile. You pick the alignment, and then the surface to sample, which is FG. The result is a profile line that starts at 1+00 and has a minimum elevation of 22.03. But the properties are showing the profile is sampling from 0+00. Correct?

Check the 'Profile View Properties' for the profile view you're looking at. Under the 'Stations' tab, and Station range should be set to 'automatic', and the reading should begin from 0+00. Under the User specified range, it should start less than 0+00, like -0+50.

Next, under the 'Profiles' tab, check the Station Start of the sampled surface. It should be 0+00. I believe your's may read 1+00. This means the profile view didn't see the sampled surface until station 1+00, even though it is starting at 0+00. Now, you have to go back to the model and figure out why.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 4
oceanside

Thanks....I went into the model and found the problem.  Points actually had not been entered into the surface.....after they were added, it worked just like you said above.  Thanks for your help.

the best is at the beach!
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I was thinking it would be something like that - that there was no FG surface data under sta 0+00.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report