Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Profile Data View issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kbiggs
405 Views, 6 Replies

Split Profile Data View issue

Attached is a screen capture of the issue I am encountering.

For some reason unkown to me, I am not able to create split views, as the option to select the profile style is not displaying. I am using the correct profile style, which I have imported both from my template and another project where the split views work. Any suggestioins as to why this is occuring and how to resolve it, as it has occured on more than one occassion. I have created a new drawing from a template and data referenced in the alignment and profile, still have the same result. Not using a split view does work, so I do not beleive there is an issue with the data.

Keith Biggs Chair,

CAD Committee & Senior CAD Technician

R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.

Leading in Quality: OQM certified March 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: kbiggs

What happens if you 'shake' the dialog? Or resize it?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
Jay_B

This thread seems very similar to your issue.
Are you able to use the + button and graphically select the station/elev?
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Split-Profile-BUG/td-p/3127940
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 7
kbiggs

I can use select the + button to pick the station and elevation, however, the dialogue box does not display this data. Also, the profile view does split, however, the grid lines in the profile view are not displaying, on the text and the surface profile. The spilt view style I have does work, as I imported it from another drawing. The odd thing is, if I use a different template and create the split profile view it works, however, it does not work with one particular template.

I may have to recreate this template to see if that resolves the issue.

Keith Biggs Chair,

Message 5 of 7
kbiggs
in reply to: Jeff_M

nothing, I tried using a differnt profile view style in the template, same result. Must be an issue with the template I suspect.

Keith Biggs Chair,

Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

Have you tried wblocking in this problem file where it won't work into your clean dwt?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 7
kbiggs
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes, still the same issue, which leads to believe it can't be the template. It can't be the data, as this occurs on multiple alignments from the same project.

Keith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report