Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeding up Survey Point Selection and Property Display Time

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
johnhubickey
273 Views, 2 Replies

Speeding up Survey Point Selection and Property Display Time

Hi All,

In larger drawings ( Approx. 15 meg ) that have a large number of points, when I am selecting survey stake out points, it takes approximately 5 seconds per survey point that I select to display that points properties in the properties panel.  This is on a dual core 2.8 gig Intel box with 2 gig or ram.   We ran the same test on a faster 4 Core i7 machine with 6 gigs of ram running windows vista 64 bit.  The property display time for the 4 core machine was about 1 second.  I am guessing the increased speed is because of the differences in hardware.

What we were trying to figure out was, is there a way to speed up points selection on older hardware?  possible changing the hardware acceleration?  we have thousands of points and the 5 second lag is taking up too much time.

Thoughts?

John H.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DRW_CAD
in reply to: johnhubickey

We had similar issues with large numbers of points until we upgrade hardware. If you are considering that you may get more bang for your buck with a dual core. Windows 7 too. You might squeeze some more out of your old machine by adding 4G RAM & search 3GB switch on Autodesk site Which will allow C3D to see more RAM on 32 bit.

Message 3 of 3
Sinc
in reply to: johnhubickey

Whenever I'm doing something that requires selecting a lot of Cogo Points, I just turn off the Properties and QuickProperties first.

There are other items that can also drag C3D to its knees if Properties or QuickProperties is open.  The worst I've found is selecting a large number of hatches.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report