Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow switching between opened dwg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DomagojX
897 Views, 6 Replies

Slow switching between opened dwg

Colleague is having problems with working in civil 3d. Switching between opened dwg takes cca 5 seconds to complete no matter what is in those dwg files.

His setup is civil 3d 2011 on 64bit win7. Quad core proccessor with 4 gb of RAM.

I have slower quad core processor with 8 gb of RAM , win7 64 and c3d 2011 but I dont have this problem. Another difference is that my copy is stand alone and his is network licence, but it is probably irrelevant to this.

I saw older threads on this forum about the same problem, and people were suggested to do defragmentation but this computer is new and i guess it wouldnt help. Also people on this forum told that defragmentation didnt solve that problem.

Any news or solutions for this?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
balloonsrise
in reply to: DomagojX

I noticed a slight difference between drawings on local hard drive and on the server. 2 dwg's on hard drive switch faster than 2 on server.

Civil 3D 2013
Windows 7 64-bit
Inteel 2.40 GHz 8 GB RAM
Dell T7600
Message 3 of 7
DomagojX
in reply to: balloonsrise

@Anonymous wrote:

I noticed a slight difference between drawings on local hard drive and on the server. 2 dwg's on hard drive switch faster than 2 on server.

In this case all files are on local hard drive.

Message 4 of 7
balloonsrise

I just open 2 or more cad windows.

Civil 3D 2013
Windows 7 64-bit
Inteel 2.40 GHz 8 GB RAM
Dell T7600
Message 5 of 7
OMCUSNR

His machine with 4g is marginal, yours with 8 is better.  Do both machines have the same graphics cards (Vram) & drivers?

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 6 of 7
rhdins
in reply to: OMCUSNR

That's because he's using C3D!  I think autodesk upgrades their products each year to make sure they will run just as slowly on newer hardware 🙂

I've noticed I get a slow down when I have the layer manager open, or the properties window open, and try to switch between drawings or windows.  Maybe that's it?

Message 7 of 7
hgohel
in reply to: rhdins

@rhdins wrote:

I've noticed I get a slow down when I have the layer manager open, or the properties window open, and try to switch between drawings or windows.  Maybe that's it?

I'd like to learn more about this problem, but I don't want to hijack the OP's thread.  Can  you email me?  himanshu.gohel@autodesk.com.  Thanks.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report