Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow drawing opening

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lelandleahy4987
572 Views, 3 Replies

Slow drawing opening

Anyone know why i can open a drawing from explorer and it takes only about 20 seconds to open, civil3d drawing with surfaces and whatever. But if i open another drawing, then try to close and open the above drawing, instead of 20 seconds it take 10 minutes if it ever does open, most of the time i have to kill the application and go back to opening the drawing from explorer.

any thoughts?

Leland
Civil3d 2020
Windows 10 64x (32 gigs ram)
Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: lelandleahy4987

One guessing here since no computer, OS or any information was given.  You have run out of memory.

Bill

Notice the info that I include below:

Message 3 of 4
lelandleahy4987
in reply to: wfberry

Sorry about that, running civil 3d 2012, windows 7 64 bit, 16 gigs or ram.  running with SDI=1 and only 1 session of application running also. 

according to resource manager, not running out of ram.  =(

odd that the exact same drawing would open quickly if it is the first dwg opened, but if you already have opened autocad and do and 'open' command it wil open very slowly. 

Other machines in the same office with same computers and os etc etc do not have the problem. so trying to figure out what setting might have been changed

Leland
Civil3d 2020
Windows 10 64x (32 gigs ram)
Message 4 of 4

Unplug the Ethernet cable and try again WITHOUT network support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report