AutoCAD Civil 3D General

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 11 of 13 (919 Views)

Re: Slope labels for feature lines projected to profile

03-16-2012 09:21 AM in reply to: jbear0000

jbear0000 wrote:

My solution for this was to project the feature lines, then create a new profile line that follows along those projected feature lines. I then set the style for that new profile line to be a non-display style and then I have slope labels on my projected feature lines. In the areas between the projected feature lines I simply delete the slope labels I don't need.

That doesn't work unless the feature line is parallel to the alignment - because the grades in the profile view are not true.

It also does not offer any advantage over manually adding labels since both will have to be updated if the feature line is edited.

*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 12 of 13 (912 Views)

03-16-2012 10:28 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

I was thinking, one way to do it would be to label the FL grade in plan and drag the label  to the projected profile.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People) Civil 3D 2012 & 2013
HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win7 OS
Distinguished Contributor
n2itive
Message 13 of 13 (905 Views)

03-16-2012 10:45 AM in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Just a thought here but what about creating a pipe network from that feature line and using a generic single line style. That way you could use the pipe slope as your label and it would be the actual slope. Obviously, if you have any curves or arcs this won't work but for straight segment it would.

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs