Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope Stake Reports

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
DesigningAway
997 Views, 12 Replies

Slope Stake Reports

Hi Folks - would anyone have any ideas as to why the "cut/fill" numbers are all at zero in my report?  All the offsets and the design elevations show just fine....

Any thoughts you may have would be appreciated...

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
tcorey
in reply to: DesigningAway

Post your data...

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 13
DesigningAway
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Tim - here is a screen shot of the report.  Civil 3D 2011 works fine for my older drawings but 2012 won't do it...

Message 4 of 13
tcorey

Your report is showing cut and fill areas and cumulative volume. I am not sure what the C value on left and right are supposed to represent, but my report in 2013 displays exactly as yours. What does it say in that column in 2011?

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 13
DesigningAway
in reply to: tcorey

That column should give you the vertical cut/fill distance at the designated offset (in this case, its the bottom of the V-ditch.  When the slope stake is pounded into the ground in the field it needs to read "C 0.28m @ 1.771m Offset"...

The 0.28m is the difference between design and existing and the offset is the horizontal difference between the hinge and the daylight.  The offset is used so the stake can stay in the ground at the daylight point and not get damaged by the contractor...

Message 6 of 13
Jeff_M

I found a bug in the 2012 code that causes this. For some reason an Autodesk programmer decided to switch 2 lines of code, but the order they were in in 2011 was correct. By switching them in 2012 it essentially sets the last 2 points equal, giving you the all 0's.

If you can edit and compile the .NET source code, these are the lines that need to be corrected in the formatPointDatas method in the CorridorSlopeStake_ExtractData.vb file:

lastPointData = pointData
last2PointData = lastPointData

switch them to be:

last2PointData = lastPointData
lastPointData = pointData

If you cannot make these changes yourself, I will try to post an updated DLL file for you.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

Attached is a ZIP file with the updated C3DReport.dll for C3D2012 64-bit. Replace the existing dll at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Data\Reports\Net\ with this one

EESignature
Message 8 of 13
Jeff_M

And for anyone searching about this for C3D2013, the same problem exists in that version as well. 

Tim, you want to use your connections to report this as a bug? 

EESignature
Message 9 of 13
DesigningAway

Great work Jeff!  Thanks alot...I really appreciate it...

Cory

Message 10 of 13

Jeff,

When I place that dll in that path, I get nada. Nothing happens, no dialog, nothing. I can cancel the command and get back to a command line.  For now, I've renamed the old one back to the original.  Ideas?

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 11 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Sorry, Lisa, I should have noted this procedure.....Win7 (and Vista, I think) flags downloaded zip files as possible 'bad' files. Before extracting anything from them, right-click on the downloaded file, choose Properties, near the bottom of the General tab will be a button "Unblock". Select this, press OK, then extract the DLL. This should allow it to work for you.

EESignature
Message 12 of 13
tcorey

I have submitted a support case detailing this defect...

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 13 of 13

Hi all - has anyone noticed that since the Service Pack 2 was installed that 'C' for cut and 'F' for fill are now backwards in the slope stake report?  Mine is now that way for some reason...anyone else run into this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report