Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope Percent (%) label text is not changing height

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CrazyIvan
1762 Views, 6 Replies

Slope Percent (%) label text is not changing height

So, I have slope % angles labeled on a plan, but they are too large.  They are 1/8" tall, and I need them to be 3/32" tall.

I have checked the style (ROMANS) to be sure the text height is set to 0", and it is.  I've also ensured that these labels are on this label style.

Check the screenshot.  I added 2 screenshots with a huge differrence in font size just to be sure my point gets across. And, I have hit APPLY and closed the window just to be sure.  You will see up top, I have it set to 3/32".  Actually the text isn't showing right, it is still stuck on 1/8".  But, regardless, you can see in the lower screenshot where I have changed it to 3", but the text has not changed.

What is going on here?  Am I missing something?

As a side note, the text on the slope labels should match the height of the contour labels you can see in the screenshots.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
troma
in reply to: CrazyIvan

Your screenshot shows the 'Dragged State' tab. What height is the text set to in the 'Layout' tab?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 7
CrazyIvan
in reply to: troma

Oh wow.  It didn't show a text height in the layout tab, but I didn't notice the pulldown menu to switch between "Direction Arrow" and "Surface Slope" until just now.

Thanks a lot!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
troma

Did you go to 'Layout' tab and select the text component in the drop-down? It should have a place to set the text height!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 7
CrazyIvan

Under "Surface Slope" under the Layout tab, it does allow me to change the text height. Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
keithlSD8S6

Thanks for the fix, but also this realm of autocad is my biggest complaint. The user experience for this area of editing annotation is absolute garbage. I hope they fix it. 

Message 7 of 7
tcorey

Those labels aren't in Dragged State, but your label style editor is. Go to the Layout tab.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report