Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope Map Display

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
AnthonyHibbeln3836
442 Views, 8 Replies

Slope Map Display

The undefined areas of a slope map now have a hatch to them and are plotting black. This map was created a month ago in 2012 without issues, upgraded to 2014 and now the undefined range has hatch! 

Please see the attached image

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I just noticed this last week myself. I'm planning on submitting a support request with Autodesk.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 9

This is a known issue.  Autodesk is fully aware of this.  However, I have not tried it after the install of Hotfix 1.  Hotfix 1 README states...

Surface

• An issue that caused an error when switching between layouts with the level of detail display enabled has been resolved.
  • Adding, deleting, and re-adding a point file to a surface definition no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
  • Surface analysis data is now retained as expected after rebuilding the surface.
Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 9

The hotfix didn't address this.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 9

Good to know.

Todd Rogers
Message 6 of 9

Great, I love the "known issues"

I suppose until a Service Pack we are SOL???

I did committ the cardinal sin and explode the slope map surface, the non-hatched black area does disapear.

Message 7 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: AnthonyHibbeln3836

A better option than exploding would be to extract objects.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 8 of 9

I know this doesn't fix the problem.  But until Autodesk fixes this issue, here's my "workaround."

And it at least keeps the surface display intact, rather than having to extract hatches.

Have the surface on a layer with color 255 and set the Transparency of the layer to something greater than 60.

Make sure to Plot with Transparecy checked in the plot dialog

Your colored slope ranges will be plotted with their assigned transparent colors while the rest, or undefined range will plot a very light greyscale that shouldnt be too obtrusive.

Jonathan Stewart
CADvisers
P.O. Box 7811
Lancaster, PA 17604
Ph. 717-468-3111

Message 9 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: CADvisers

...and if the gray is bothersome just edit the stb or ctb and give color 255 (or any color of your choice) a screening of zero.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report