Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single User

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DickieB_PE
405 Views, 3 Replies

Single User

I am a one man shop. I design site plans and subdivisions. I have used Autocad for 25 years and Eagle Point for 15 years. I have been putting off this transition, but i have got to learn Civil 3D. Is there a blog, user group, discussion forum, etc. that deals specifically with best practices for someone using Civil 3D in a single user environment?

Thanks to anyone for some good advice.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
stewarteng
in reply to: DickieB_PE

In answer to your question, I'm not aware of any exclusive resources for single users, but I can assure you that you are not alone.  In the 6 years that I have been using Civil 3D in a one person shop, I have used every resource imaginable, including on-site training, over the phone consultations, text books, tutorials, webinars, Autocad University downloads and videos, you name it.  I can't think of any one of them that didn't ultimately add some value to my journey to proficiency.  That said, I have to add that the single most valuable learning tool of all was and is ...  this forum!  Hands down.  Not a day goes by that I don't learn or relearn something right here.

BStewart
Intel Corei7 975 3.33Ghz
24 GB Ram
Nvidea GeForce GTX 260
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit
Message 3 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: stewarteng

Ditto

At the same time a little help on the survey side of thing would be greatly appreciative

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
OMCUSNR
in reply to: DickieB_PE

I was the cad tech at a 2 man office (the only one using the software).  I'd recommend that you look into training from your reseller or a local CC.  The CC aproach is cost effective, and will give you the basics right away.  Using your reseller or another local training outfit can give you more indepth and office oriented solutions.  A good relationship with your reseller is an invaluable asset.

If you do the self teaching thing (pretty frusterating), take at least three days out of the office (or close the office) to CONCENTRATE WITHOUT INTERUPTIONS on the tutorials.  If you have questions on them, ask here, stating which tutorial you're working with.  Also, when you have something come up, make sure you let us know what hardware, OS, & C3d version you're using.

If you do any surveying, I'd also recommend adding Sincpac.  At $350 it's well worth it.

Reid

OH Yeah - if you're on subscription, AU is a great resource.

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report