Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Surface from Feature Line (Break Line) Question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
8249 Views, 2 Replies

Simple Surface from Feature Line (Break Line) Question

I created an empty TIN surface, created some 3D feature lines from polylines, edited the feature lines with elevations, then added them to the surface as breaklines.  There's an approx 25 foot distance between two feature line elevation points set on an arc, which is also the approx surface outer boundary.  Triangulation does not cleanly follow the arc, there is a gap on the inside of the arc.  Also the surface appears to overrun the other side of the boundary.  See graphic.

The magenta polyline is the outer surface boundary.  How can I get the surface to cleanly follow these arcs without lots of intermediate points?  Can I get it to interpolate elevations along the arcs?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

When adding breaklines, set the mid-ordinate ditance to a smaller value. I use 0.02 most of the time, in tight parking areas I'll shrink that further. You can set the defaults for this so you don't hvae to think about it everytime:

3-28-2013 6-34-52 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

works like a champ, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report