Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sidewalk not following target width alignment

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aumtech
1581 Views, 1 Reply

Sidewalk not following target width alignment

Hello experts,

I have a questions about varying sidewalk width and its setup.

I have a variable sidewalk width and would like my corridor to follow sidewalk as defined by Target Alignment for Sidewalk width (polyline). My sidewalk is merging at ends with roadway however my corridor feature lines presenting sidewalk is not following/merging with target. In all other locations, it follows the target width however where sidewalk merges with road, feature line goes straight.

Attached PDF should hopefully explain what I want to say. Could not attached dwg due to size issue.

I am using Basic Curb and Urban sidewalk assembly wherein my Blvd targets are set to 0 (none).

How can I make my corridor follow sidewalk width target exactly.

I would appreciate any input.

I am using C3D 2010 , Win 7 Pro.

Mayur Sant, P.E.
LEED AP, MICE (UK)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Cadguru42
in reply to: aumtech

Near your circle you should have different regions and treat it as a roundabout.  The baseline should be the outside, not the centerline.  As to why your assembly isn't targetting the right side sidewalk at the lower end is probably because of the station being the beginning of that region. Sometimes C3D just won't target correctly at the beginning or end of a region no matter what you do.  Try adjusting the starting station for that region by 0.1' and it'll probably work.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report