Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sid don't plot with DVIEW screen twist at 270 degrees

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JeffWright5789
385 Views, 8 Replies

Sid don't plot with DVIEW screen twist at 270 degrees

Hello All:

anybody find a work around for plotting a MrSid using DVIEW TW 270 ?   Naturally we've spend 2 days on this.  DVIEW used to be a great way to create dynamic views...

Appreciate all the help from the Forum
Version: AutoCAD C3D 2010
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

that's not enough info:

• what version of Civil3D do you have
  • what servicepack
  • what plotter-driver
  • problem also visible while plot-preview is shown

Look to the attachment, this is how Civil3D and SIF-files work at my pc with rotated views.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9

Civil 3d 2010.  The plot dialog you show in the attachement doesn't even remotely look the dialog I get when I plot?

Message 4 of 9

Hi,

>> The plot dialog you show in the attachement doesn't even remotely look the dialog I get when I plot?

I used Civil3D2013 and the plot dialog (except as mine is German) has not changed for some releases now.

>> Civil 3d 2010.

I had more questions than just the Civil3D-version 😉

And I did now try SID-files with Civil3D2010 (D.309.0.0 Version 4.1), it works as designed.

An additional question I have now: have you referenced the SID-files with MAPIINSERT or using the FDO-functionality?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9

I've done the insert with Mapiinsert and used the RASTER attach thru the Map utilities.  My plot dialog must be broke if they didn't change it.

Message 6 of 9

Plot preview only shows line work ...  no sid...

Message 7 of 9

Hi,

>> My plot dialog must be broke if they didn't change it.

So how does your plotdialog look like? Upload a screenshot.

>> I've done the insert with Mapiinsert and used the RASTER attach thru the Map utilities

I'm not sure what "Map utitlities" start to get images referenced (I'm using a German version of Civil3D). But if it's the command _IMAGE or _MAPIINSERT again, then try it with command _MAPCONNECT (that is what I use by default except I have to much data, because MAPIINSERT is faster at all).

BTW: you have tried also one image in a complete new drawing (based on an original template from Civil3D)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 9
thepworth
in reply to: JeffWright5789

a couple of thoughts - is the .SID on a "noplot" layer (been there, done that....)

or, what if you try something like simulating dviewtwist:

1) set ucsfollow=1

2) enable ortho mode & draw a set of axes

3) UCS - 3point - click on 3 points from the axes to rotate the coordinate system

4) turn off ucsfollow

5) set ucs to World

Same effect as dviewtwist, but old school....

Message 9 of 9
JeffWright5789
in reply to: thepworth

If all else fails...   Use a tif...   Good to go....  thanks for all the comments...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report