Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing pavement thickness in a profile

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
756 Views, 4 Replies

Showing pavement thickness in a profile

I need to show pavement thickness in a profile for a sewer line. I cant seem to find an easy way to do this. Anyone have a solution? thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
awood
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Charles,

Do you have a corridor? You could extract the feature line for the base of your pavement and project it into profile.

Or if you have a finish ground top surface for the pavement you could copy the surface, lower it for pavement thickness then sample it in profile.

HTH

AWood

Message 3 of 5
wfberry

Just copy the top of pavement profile down the appropriate thickness (with respect to the scale).  You may want to explode it a couple of times to get dumb entities.

Bill

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You could always draw a normal old polyline to represent the bottom of the pavement. I think Civil 3D 2010 still allows the use of polylines. LOL.

You may have a power drill in the tool box, but somtimes the screwdriver is a better option.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I agree..

While drawing a polyline it not dynamic I still draw my proposed grades using a polyline too. I just use the proposed surface profile for a guideline, my proposed surface profile style is set "no plot". Most (99%) of review engineers I work with still do not accept all the little grade changes a civil 3d generated surface produces. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report