Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoulder Subassembly cut vs. fill

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BrianHailey
270 Views, 3 Replies

Shoulder Subassembly cut vs. fill

Here's my situation, when I'm in a cut situation, I would like the end of my shoulder to be vertical but, when I'm in a fill situation, I would like my shoulder to extend all the way out to the daylight line (if possible). Is there a method to do this?

See the attached image. The top subassembly is the ShoulderExtendAll sub and it looks like what I want in a fill situation but, I don't think it would work in a cut situation. The lower subassembly is the basic shoulder, which looks like what I want in a cut situation.

Thanks for any insight,

Brian

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian,

I can't think of anyway to do this without either using a different
subassembly in cut/fill, or making a custom shoulder subassembly.

Peter Funk
Civil 3D Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Brian,

Just a thought that I haven't begun to test: You could make the shoulder using the ShoulderVertical subass, then attach to the end of that both: (1) a ShoulderExtend subass of 0.001 width that then has a daylight slope as needed for fill situations, AND; (2) a Daylight subass that is specified to fill flat (almost horizontal) and cut (almost) vertically. Thus, you should get one error message per station when building your corridor, but there shouldn't be any stations that use both subassemblies and thus you'll only get one daylight point for each station.

As an alternative to (2), you could use a generic LinkToSurface subassembly.

Don't know if any of that will work, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

HTH,
Trevor
Message 4 of 4
BrianHailey

Thanks Trevor. I'll look into that.

Brian

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report