AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Solefio
Message 1 of 16 (258 Views)

Sheet print area from polygonal viewport?

258 Views, 15 Replies
10-15-2013 04:56 AM

I am trying to create two column sheets with a polygonal viewport, but it doesn't seem to work. The point is that I want to use the area above the stamp to be able to fit two columns on one sheet, but the last section in the second column ends up where my stamp is. Is this possible? Is there another way to solve this problem? I'm not to keen on moving the sections by hand, since they keep jumping back.. I'm using Civil 3D 2013.

/Sofie

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 2 of 16 (240 Views)

Re: Sheet print area from polygonal viewport?

10-15-2013 07:04 AM in reply to: Solefio
Difficult to understand your question. What is your stamp? Is that relevant? Are you talking about multiple section views? Are you talking about plan production?
Posting a picture of your dilemma may help.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Solefio
Message 3 of 16 (235 Views)

10-15-2013 07:18 AM in reply to: troma

No, it's not relevant what my stamp is, its the shape of the viewport that's relevant. It's multiple section views i'm trying to make. In the picture the cyan shape is the viewport I want, the yellow is the printarea i get (when i make a template with the polygon viewport) and as you can see the last section won't be seen in the final layout as it won't fit in the viewport. Is this clearer?

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 4 of 16 (214 Views)

10-15-2013 08:20 AM in reply to: Solefio
OK, I understand.
Sorry, I don't know of a solution for you. Hope someone else can help.

*Expert Elite*
antoniovinci
Message 5 of 16 (185 Views)

10-15-2013 10:12 AM in reply to: Solefio

Madame, please sit down comfortably and listen.

There are mandatory 3 rules in this forum:

1] Nothing is impossible for Autocad
2] For Autocad impossible is nothing

Throw away your non-standard polygonal viewports, use a classic rectangular one, then press F1 and learn all about the powerful _WIPEOUT command.

3] Period.

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 6 of 16 (175 Views)

10-15-2013 10:53 AM in reply to: antoniovinci
Sofie stated that her 'Stamp' is in that location. I don't know what the 'stamp' is, but I presume it is part of the title block in paperspace. Therefore it is necessary to print the 'stamp' and not obscure it with a wipeout.

Solefio
Message 7 of 16 (158 Views)

10-15-2013 11:44 PM in reply to: antoniovinci

But a wipout in the layout won't affect my multiple section view template print area, will it? It's the position of the sections I want to change, the polygonal viewport works fine as a viewport, but not in the template.

And yes, by stamp I mean title block. A bit of swenglish there, sorry.

Employee
peterfunkautodesk
Message 8 of 16 (145 Views)

10-16-2013 06:41 AM in reply to: Solefio

The program that calculates the number of sections that can fit on a sheet looks only at the overall rectangle and wasn't designed to look at a plot space that would have different settings per column. Your plot space would also have issues if the sections were very wide.

I think it comes down to a couple of factors: extra white space (set the plot space to cut off the whole bottom row) with automated layout vs. reduced white space and saving a few sheets of paper, but your time in moving the sections around on the sheet.

Two other solutions: new title block or a routine that would re order the sections after the initial layout.

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 9 of 16 (140 Views)

10-16-2013 07:02 AM in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

What about being to lock sections in place AFTER they have been moved.  If you can do this now please advise.

Bill

Employee
peterfunkautodesk
Message 10 of 16 (137 Views)

10-16-2013 07:04 AM in reply to: wfberry

The sections don't move after they are placed. If the corridor changes the sections are just updated in place.

Is that the question?

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.