Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Workflow? (PDF'ing a sheet set)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GreeneSWCD
212 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet Set Workflow? (PDF'ing a sheet set)

I know there has to be a better way than I'm doing this...

Right now, I make all my sheets in separate layout tabs.  Then, I plot each layout to pdf (all my plans are pdf'd in order to email to a different office in order to be checked and approved before printing).  Then, I take all the pdf's and combine them with Adobe.  This process of plotting each layout to pdf is time consuming.  I hope this process is sped up with some pending RAM, but until then, how "should" I be doing this process?  My plans are running about 12 sheets each, if this matters.  I'd love to be able to collectively plot to pdf once for all the sheets at the same time.  That would really help. 

I'm using 2012 Civil 3d.  

Any takers?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
psi
Participant
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

Here is how I do it ... If you have a Sheet Set, right click the project name in Sheet Set Manager, Publish, Publish Dialog Box. From here you can highlight all the sheets in the list, select the Page Setup you want to plot to, and usually change the "Publish to" dropdown to "Plotter named in page setup". You can check the box for "Publish in background" and it will plot them all in the background while you continue to work on other drawings. If all is set up correctly it will print all your sheets to a single PDF file. You may need to customize the Page Setups and reference the help files the first couple times, but it's a huge timesaver.
Message 3 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: psi

PUBLISHCOLLATE - 1 OR 0 FOR SINGLE FILE OR MULTI FILE
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report