Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Manager ERROR: Layout not found

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
wilsonm2000
12164 Views, 11 Replies

Sheet Set Manager ERROR: Layout not found

Hi

I have made all my sheets through the Plan Production wizards.  When I go to sheet set manager, and select publish to pdf, i get an error saying the following:

ERROR: Layout not found

I have attached a snapshot of the error.  Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT:  Just to add, I have kind of fixed the problem.  By using one tab per drawing, seems to publish ok.  But we want multiple tabs per drawing, so not really any use to us.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: wilsonm2000

did you rename tabs post production? or move or rename any files...?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I'm having the same problem with mechanical 2012. I can print drawings one tab at a time. If I try to publish multiple tabs I get the exact same error message.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Remove any sheets in the Sheetset with the errors and import the sheets back in to the Sheetset. That seemed to clear up the problem I was having on one project.

Thanks

Message 5 of 12
mrbuzzcut

Civil 3d 2016 Plan and Profile Sheet Set Manager.

I had this problem and was able to resolve it by running Drawing recovery on my P&P container dwg's.  

I have a large project with 450 sheets of plan and profile I broke it into 100 layouts per 5 files.  At first when I ran it would only create 5 pdf's and error on the other 445 layouts.  The above solution fixed it.

Message 6 of 12

I know this is an old topic but I have the solution.  I came to this post looking for an answer and did not find it, but in the last post suggesting recreating the sheet set didnt sit well with me.  "

I then right clicked on the sheet set and noticed there was an option "resave all sheets" and this proved to solve the issue completely.

Message 7 of 12

I just had similar issue, and looked for an answer, re-saving all sheets solved the issue.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 12
mbickelVMG55

None of these worked for me, but they did put me on the right track. Right clicked on the sheet(s) in Sheet set manager, selected "Rename & Renumber". In the "Layout name" field, the name had an extra character. I removed that character to make the contents of that field exactly match the tab name of the sheet, and... success!

By the way, when plan production tools are used, DO NOT remove the sheets from the sheet set unless you are prepared to re-create the sheets from scratch, or do extensive workarounds to hack your matchlines. There are shortcuts set up by Autocad during the setup that cannot be re-created or repaired.

Message 9 of 12
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: mbickelVMG55

Are you using a network location for plotter configs? try changing to local.

I abandoned ship on networked pc3 and ctb file for this very issue

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
mbickelVMG55
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

We use local settings. Its too slow for us to all be getting our settings off the network.

Message 11 of 12
sallyp18

what happened to mine is I deleted some layout on the drawing itself then I forgot to take out the deleted sheets from the sheet manager.
solution: delete the deleted layout from the sheet manager. Then I resave all. Then it will print now. 

Message 12 of 12
jeffrouse
in reply to: andre.chaisson

Thanks for the solution.  Worked perfectly for me.  I was having the same issue.  It almost seems like the sheet set file isn't in sync and clicking this forces it to "see" the saved file.  Odd.  But this solution worked.  Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report