Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet List Table not updating

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kbiggs
2822 Views, 3 Replies

Sheet List Table not updating

I have a sheet list table that I use from my Civil 3D 2012 template drawing that is not updating when copying into our production drawings. When I attempt to update the sheet list table in any production drawing, I receive an error indicating the table cannot update the data. Previously this method worked well, now the only way I can use a sheet list table is to manually create one from the sheet set and modify the properties to suit my template sheet list table design. All users are experiencing this issue.

Has anyone else experiences a similar issue? All our users are using Civil 3D SP2, while I am using Civil 3D SP3, which does not appear to be the issue. All users are on Windows 7 x64.

I contacted our reseller, who confirmed that they too are encountering the same issue. This issue has been escalated to Autodesk, no solution to date, it has been over a week. I am hoping someone here might have experienced a similar issue and solution.

Regards,

Keith Biggs
Chair, CAD Advisory Board

Senior CAD Technician

R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.
19232 Enterprise Way #101
Surrey, BC V3S 6J9
Tel: +1 (604) 574-3336  Fax: +1 (604) 574-7355

www.binnie.com

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: kbiggs

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a sheet list table that I use from my Civil 3D 2012 template drawing that is not updating when copying into our production drawings.

Why isn't the table style in your template for creating the SS from PP tools?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
kbiggs
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe:

I was not aware the properties palette indicated the sheet set the sheet list table was referencing. I had a look at the property of the sheet list table and could not find any reference to the sheet set. However, when I created a new sheet list table, the properties palette did include the name of the sheet set.

It appears though that I am not able to update the sheet list table I want to use with the sheet set I want to use. In the past this was not an issue, as I could update the sheet list table I copied from our template, when added to a new drawing that was part of a new sheet set. Now it seems this functionality does not work. I do not want to resort to having to create a new sheet list table from the sheet set, as I would have to manually add the data fields, which could be an issue for some users. Producing the same format and content consistently would be a concern for me.

Regards,

Keith Biggs
Chair, CAD Advisory Board
Senior CAD Technician

R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.
19232 Enterprise Way #101
Surrey, BC V3S 6J9
Tel: +1 (604) 574-3336 Fax: +1 (604) 574-7355

www.binnie.com
Message 4 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: kbiggs

Hi Keith,
I pretty sure (i'm not in front of cad at the moment that you can save the SS table style in the template and the fields would hold, then the style can be draged via DC to where you want it. I'll test it in the morning

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report