Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shape Trapezoidal Sub Assembly for Sidewalk Project..............

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
taneum
1827 Views, 2 Replies

Shape Trapezoidal Sub Assembly for Sidewalk Project..............

I am designing sidewalk only which is 5' from the existing back of curb to the edge of the new sidewalk.  The new sidewalk is 5' wide with base course underneath it.  After many hours of reasearching forums and trail and error.  I have found the the "shape trapezoidal" sub assembly works best for this as I can edit the link names once I create these two sub assemblies.  This all works well and great.  I am trying to learn code sets, link styles, shape styles, etc.......When I click on the sub assembly for the sidewalk and then click on the sub assembly properties from my ribbon it brings up the properties.  Under the parameters tab I can set the default input value for the top link code and bottom link code to a value I named "sidewalk".  I then create a link code called "sidewalk" and set the colr I want.  Here is the question, why does it not have a value names under the parameters tab for the sides of the sub assembly?  make sense?  So in the attached picture the top link code is L1 and the bottom link code is L4.  It even shows L2 and L3 on the sides but the parameters tab doesnt contain these.  Because it doesn't contain them I cannot change the color of them.  Any answers?

By the way...........I have found I can change the <no codes> style to sidwalk and that will change the sides as indeed, they have no codes.  Problem with that is the fact that my trapezoidal sub assembly theat I created for my base course then uses the same thing, which obviously I do not want.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: taneum

Make a generic link between points and assign a code to that link.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
taneum
in reply to: taneum

Alright so I was just able to show my shape style in my cross sections.  Next issue now is this.  Alon my corridor I have different assemblies I used as my sidewalk is curb side in some locations and id different locations there is a boulevard between the curb and sidewalk.  I want to transition between these different sub asselmblies and I want that transition to show up in the cross sections I cut.  Isn't there a way to tell Civil 3D to transition from one assembly to the next one as you could in Eagle Point?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report