Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shape File Imported Into Storm and Sanitary Analysis Shows All Zero Elevations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
danielepb1
1357 Views, 4 Replies

Shape File Imported Into Storm and Sanitary Analysis Shows All Zero Elevations

Good afternoon. I'm a beginner user of SSA (Storm and Sanitary Analysis) and I really need to import a GIS data with the elevations of a stream in order to run a simulation. But, when I import the data all the elevations are zero! What should I do? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: danielepb1

A classic shapefile ships without physical elevations, unless you transform it into a true 3D shape, sir.

Using a spreadsheet, open the .DBF belonging to the shapeset, and look for a column like "height" or something similar.

If it's populated by numbers representing a Z dimension, you can apply those elevation to the objects, by means of _ADEDRAWINGS first, then _ADEQUERY.

Message 3 of 5
danielepb1

Really thanks for yor answer!

But I still have a dought...How I've said, I'm a user beginner and I didn't understand how can I apply those elevations to the objects. When you said "By means of _ADEDRAWINGS first, then _ADEQUERY" is in Civil 3D or Storm and Sanitary Analysis? How can I do this?

Message 4 of 5
Murph_Map

@danielepb1 wrote:

Really thanks for yor answer!

But I still have a dought...How I've said, I'm a user beginner and I didn't understand how can I apply those elevations to the objects. When you said "By means of _ADEDRAWINGS first, then _ADEQUERY" is in Civil 3D or Storm and Sanitary Analysis? How can I do this?

With SSA you can't, with Civil3D depending on the shp file you can create a surface from the shp file. Look at create a surface from GIS.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 5
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: Murph_Map

SSA requires you to map the variables in the DBF with the appropriate variables for size and elevation.  Since the SHP DBF variables do not conform to a schema and can be anything - the user needs to identify the variable name to match.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report