Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a template using Metric

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rwolfe00
428 Views, 3 Replies

Setting up a template using Metric

Hello,

I'm new to Civil 3D 2014.  I'm setting up a template using Metric and I'm not sure why the Viewport Standard Scale of 1:500 creates the Customized Scale of 2.0000.  I have to type 0.0020 into the Customized Scale box for the viewport to display correctly.  Is this just the way to use the Metric layout, or am I missing something?  My drawing units are set to decimal Meters.  Attached is a screen shot.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Robert

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
entropist
in reply to: rwolfe00

The program is expecting you to use whole mm in model space, thus a scale of 2x gives a 1:500 measure in meters in paperspace.

This link may help, it's my usual reference if I find myself on a metric project:

working in metric

Message 3 of 4
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: rwolfe00

As entropist said, Autocad works in mm in paperspace, and 1 metre = 1000 mm.

To get the custom scale number you want, divide 1000 by the scale you want.

In your example, you had a scale of 1:500, so 1000/500 = 2

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 4
rwolfe00
in reply to: entropist

Thanks! I reinserted my title block with mm in mind instead of meters. The scaling is not an issue now. Also, thanks for the link. It will be very useful with the rest of my setup.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report