Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a Sheet Set Manager Template

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
boberdorf
10323 Views, 9 Replies

Setting up a Sheet Set Manager Template

I want to set up a sheet set manager template which uses a specific client titleblock, which due to the work I do is quite frequent.

I would like to insert as many fields into the title block that refer to custom properties in the Sheet Set.  In particual some common fields point to the actaul Sheet Set custom properties (eg Client Name), and some point to the actual sheets custom properites (eg Title).  I have set up a sheet set with a range of custom properties attached to both the Sheet Set and the Sheet.

However, I cant figure out how to set up the titleblock template to read in this information for each new sheet I create.

I open my template file, insert fields as required and try to point the fields to the sheet sets file.  However I cant point to the custom properties for a sheet unless there is a sheet open.  When I do this, all new sheets are created with the fields using the original sheet values - I wanted to update these based on custom properties I set for each sheet.

Thanks

Brian

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: boberdorf

It has to be added to a "dummy sheet set to assigne the properties.

Required Reading=> HERE

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
david.penney00
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I read that link you stated, however i could not make head nor tail of what was being explained regarding the Template and the descriptions of the dialog boxes differed to what I was actually seeing....  Smiley Wink

Which comes first the Sheet set or the drawing Template (dwt file)? and how to combine the two?

Based on what I had to do with two existing drawings sheets, they were a nighmare....

Cheers

Message 4 of 10
Joe-Bouza

It is confusing at first. You are making a dwt from a SSM drawing that will contain your borders and field for creating a sheet on the fly. As well as a prototypical dst file to create A sheet set from existing. Explore the sample SS and it will get more clear fo you. Hang in there it will click

The reality is you dont have to create sheets by SSM thus not require a DWT but if you want to leverage to the max you'll want that

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
boberdorf
in reply to: david.penney00

Being a beginer as well, I think the process is to:

1. start the sheet set and use your normal template file as a starting point;
  2. Create a drawing, and modify it to suit with fields;
  3. Save this file over the initial template file;
  4. Then create the drawings from this.

Message 6 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Correct

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
styler24

Yeaht the 43 page pdf is hard to fallow. Is the a video tutorial somewhere?

Message 8 of 10
styler24

Yeaht the 43 page pdf is hard to fallow. Is there a video tutorial somewhere?

Message 9 of 10
kbiggs
in reply to: styler24

Heidi Hewett has quite a lot of information on sheet sets on her blog. Some of it may be dated, but it is still valid:

http://autocadinsider.autodesk.com/.services/blog/6a00d8341c99d753ef00d8341c99da53ef/search?filter.q...

Keith Biggs Chair,

CAD Standards Committee & Senior CAD Technician

R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.

Leading in Quality: OQM certified March 2013.

Message 10 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: styler24

Don't try to absorb the whole document in one sitting, break it down into managble task, for you.

I sugeest as a tutorial use one of the OOTB sheet sets an tear it apart. Its just one of thos things you are going to have to get under the hood and scrape your knuckles.
I don't know of any vids but there are the AU class and Youtube probably has some, but take them lightly and refer to Sheets happen upon viewing because many people have many interpertations of how to use it
Its hard to follow because its new to you.

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report