Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Out Report Woes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NeilSpoon
625 Views, 3 Replies

Setting Out Report Woes

I am trying to create some cross section reports. But I have noticed that none of the options available (Section Point Report, or any of the ones that use Sample Lines) will show any featureline information if it is not part of the region which is attached to the alignment chosen in the report.

For instance, I prefer to create my splitter islands as a seperate baseline (levels taken from a dummy surface) and add a simple kerb assembly to this. (So both are in the same corridor). My normal visual cross sections show the splitter island kerbs without issue. But the cross section reports do not. 

I have a similar problem with some of the footways, which are created on a separate baseline. (I am working on car parks, where the footway surrounds the car park. So it is easier to create the footways seperately). The section reports do not pick up the footways, presumably because it belongs to a different baseline.......

This is causing me a major headache. Is there any way to solve this? I dont understand why a section report cant simply pick up any featureline it crosses??

---------------------------------------
Intel Xeon E31230 - 3.20 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit
Nvidia Quadro 600 - 1GB DDR3
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
NeilSpoon
in reply to: NeilSpoon

Some other issues I have noticed:

1: I have got an access road to my car park with a simple junction connecting to an existing road. My access road alignment starts at the existing road Edge of Carriageway. The junction radii are separate alignments and the region for my access road (which is used for the setting out report) starts at the tangent points of the junction radii.

So the region start chainage (station) is 6.075. When I go to the Section Points Report, I select start chainage 0 and 10m intervals. But because my corridor region starts at 6.075, it will use that as the start point and adds 10m intervals from that point...... resulting in no sections being made (as I dont have corridor links at 16.075, 26.075, etc).

So by the looks of it, I need to move the 0 chainage to the start of the access road region (which affects my profile and other access road regions). 

2: When creating an alignment setting out report, I use the UKIE "Combined Geometry" report, as this appears to be the only one that combines X, Y AND Z in one report. However, as this is a car park, I have applied levels to my Alignments by means of a dummy surface. The report however does not seem to recognise this as a vertical profile. The only way around this appears to be to manually create VP's by tracing the dummy surface. This is time consuming and takes away the benfits of the whole thing being dynamic!

Is this really the only way for these issues? This all seems like basic stuff and should not by so complicated! I am not sure how everyone else is supplying setting out information to contractors, but in this area 99% is build using setting out reports and not plans with annotated setting out points etc.

I am getting really close to the point where I will suggest to my boss to move back to Bentley MX. I am seriously astonished at how poor these reports are!

Any help is much appreciated.

Intel Xeon E31230 - 3.20 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit
Nvidia Quadro 600 - 1GB DDR3
Message 3 of 4
thisismyid

Hey, I'm having similar problem - did you find a solution (other than MX)?

ta

Adam

==== i7 @3.4GHz ==== 8GB @666MHz ==== ATI/AMD @675MHz ==== win7 x64 ====
Message 4 of 4
troma

I can't answer the question, but maybe I can help those who can with a little translation work:
Chainage = Station
Level = Elevation
Kerb = Curb
Footway = Sidewalk (I think. More familliar with 'Footpath' than 'Footway', but I'm guessing.)
Car Park = Parking Lot

Anything else?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report