Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set cut/fill check point

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mkt
Enthusiast
431 Views, 4 Replies

Set cut/fill check point

Hi

I'm designing a road and need a ditch at some places. I usually use BasicSideSlopeCutDitch for ditches, but as far as I can understand it only checks for cut/fill at the attachment point of the subassembly (which is the outside top of my shoulder). This is a problem since I need it to check at the outside bottom of the shoulder. I still need the ditch to start at the outside top shoulder, so it is not a solution to just move the assembly. 

I have tried to use DaylightGeneral, and set the check at the bottom of the ditch, which is better, but still not entirely correct.

Does anyone know of a better way to do this?

Please find the attached image for clarification. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
doni49
in reply to: mkt

ConditionalCutFill attached to the outside bottom of the shoulder.  Then a "VerticalLink" (on the "Generic" tab of the tool palette) attached to that -- set its "Omit Link" property to Yes and the height to bring it to the right elevation.  Then attach your ditch SA to that.

Please note that this is theory as I haven't tested that particular need.  But it should work.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 5
BrianHailey

Something like this perhaps?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 5
mkt
Enthusiast
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thank you very much for the replies, and sorry it's taken me so long to give feedback. 

doni49: Sorry to say, but your theory didn't work. It connected the ditch SA at the height of the vertical link, even though I did choose omit link. 

BrianHailey: That did the job. Thanks! 

Message 5 of 5
BrianHailey

If someone provides an answer, you should mark that post as the accepted solution. This makes it easier when people are searching for answers in the future.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report