Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Pack 1 again

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
206 Views, 6 Replies

Service Pack 1 again

I have tried the steps that Matt outlined in the previous thread about SP1. I created my admin image and then with a patched NIW did the modify admin image and selected my msp patch file that I extracted from the exe file (why can't they just post an msp file?). It tries to apply the patch to the image but I get an "Error 1326: Error Getting File Security" and it then says Failed to Apply Patch. I have full permissions and had no problem creating the original image in this location. Any ideas from anyone? Thanks, Jason Stevens RGS Associates
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Jason, I to, am very frustrated with this whole network patch issue. I think what I am going to do now is just install the unpatched version and try to run the update on the local machine. Just not worth the hassle at a couple of hours each try only to be met by some new, illogical wall. I will respond here if this works. Thanks, Conan Witzel
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

this is the path I took. I gave up trying to update my installation image, and just apply SP1 as an after thought. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I just finished and it works fine with the manual install and it works fine. A real pain though. I guess I will wait for service pack 2 before I distribute it out to other users. Thanks, Conan Witzel "James Wedding" wrote in message news:402a7fbd$1_2@newsprd01... > this is the path I took. I gave up trying to update my installation image, > and just apply SP1 as an after thought. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Jason, What type of server are the files on? Jonathan Golubiewski Autodesk Professional Services Land.Civil.Survey "Jason Stevens" wrote in message news:4027a2d8$1_3@newsprd01... > I have tried the steps that Matt outlined in the previous thread about SP1. > I created my admin image and then with a patched NIW did the modify admin > image and selected my msp patch file that I extracted from the exe file (why > can't they just post an msp file?). It tries to apply the patch to the > image but I get an "Error 1326: Error Getting File Security" and it then > says Failed to Apply Patch. I have full permissions and had no problem > creating the original image in this location. Any ideas from anyone? > > Thanks, > Jason Stevens > RGS Associates > >
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I finally got it to work. Apparently the deployment doesn't like to be installed on a Snapserver because I tried to create the admin image with SP1 on a computer running 2000 Pro and it worked fine. I could create the admin image on the Snapserver but I couldn't apply SP1. I have no idea why this would be but it is. Thanks for everyone's help. Jason "Jon Golubiewski [Autodesk support]" wrote in message news:402bf37a$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Jason, > > What type of server are the files on? > > Jonathan Golubiewski > Autodesk Professional Services > Land.Civil.Survey > > > "Jason Stevens" wrote in message > news:4027a2d8$1_3@newsprd01... > > I have tried the steps that Matt outlined in the previous thread about > SP1. > > I created my admin image and then with a patched NIW did the modify admin > > image and selected my msp patch file that I extracted from the exe file > (why > > can't they just post an msp file?). It tries to apply the patch to the > > image but I get an "Error 1326: Error Getting File Security" and it then > > says Failed to Apply Patch. I have full permissions and had no problem > > creating the original image in this location. Any ideas from anyone? > > > > Thanks, > > Jason Stevens > > RGS Associates > > > > > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Jon - I have my install points on a snap server and SP1 will not apply. Is there a known issue with that? Thanks, Mark Evinger "Jon Golubiewski [Autodesk support]" wrote in message news:402bf37a$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Jason, > > What type of server are the files on? > > Jonathan Golubiewski > Autodesk Professional Services > Land.Civil.Survey > > > "Jason Stevens" wrote in message > news:4027a2d8$1_3@newsprd01... > > I have tried the steps that Matt outlined in the previous thread about > SP1. > > I created my admin image and then with a patched NIW did the modify admin > > image and selected my msp patch file that I extracted from the exe file > (why > > can't they just post an msp file?). It tries to apply the patch to the > > image but I get an "Error 1326: Error Getting File Security" and it then > > says Failed to Apply Patch. I have full permissions and had no problem > > creating the original image in this location. Any ideas from anyone? > > > > Thanks, > > Jason Stevens > > RGS Associates > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report