Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Files with Data Ref

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jbendik
260 Views, 5 Replies

Sending Files with Data Ref

Our main design file has several data references, i.e. existing ground surface, finished ground surface, storm and sanitary networks. With this more efficient file structure, we've experienced nothing but headaches when trying to send files. Does anyone have a best practice for sending files with data references?

I am aware of etransmit, which seems great, but unless I'm wrong does not include data referenced files. We've also experimented with export to 2007, but when a surface is exported the polylines have no elevation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or a simple point in the right direction. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: jbendik

I don't like it - but I think the only way to do that "send" now is to promote the data references.

!!!! WARNING - Don't promote in your original drawings !!!!

Promote in a copy and send the promoted copy.
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 6
jbendik

Oy! I don't like that either.

Thanks for the help.
Message 4 of 6
Matt.Anderson

Best bet - send only DWF files...
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I read 2009 does transmit drefs...

bendikj <>
|>Our main design file has several data references, i.e. existing ground surface, finished ground surface, storm and sanitary networks. With this more efficient file structure, we've experienced nothing but headaches when trying to send files. Does anyone have a best practice for sending files with data references?
|>
|>I am aware of etransmit, which seems great, but unless I'm wrong does not include data referenced files. We've also experimented with export to 2007, but when a surface is exported the polylines have no elevation.
|>
|>Any help would be greatly appreciated, or a simple point in the right direction. Thank you.
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom
Message 6 of 6
jbendik

I hope so. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report