Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Issue with panning.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dstevens_bellefeng
1199 Views, 5 Replies

Selection Issue with panning.

Why when I select and object and then pan do I lose my selection?

Civil 3d 2013 SP1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

If you select the entities first, pan to where you can't see them, select more entities and then issue the command you will lose those that are off the screen. If you issue the command first, select then pan. You should keep the whole selection set.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the help. 

I am selecting the items without using the "select" command. Have always done this before C3D 2013 with no problem. Using the command does seem to work as it should though.

Thank you again.

Message 4 of 6

It's not the Select command. If you have PICKFIRST set to one and select an entity without activating any command you'll get grips. If you then issue the Move command you'll move all gripped items on screen. I'm sorry if this is covering basics you already know. But I want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

I just tried a test in 2012 and couldn't duplicate the problem. This may have been an issue in an older version that was fixed and then broken again in 2013. I tend to develop habits that avoid an error and then might not notice when it's fixed.

There may be other conditions that trigger this. Here are links to the most recent posts I found when I searched the boards.

Panning-loses-selected-objects

Multiple-grip-selection-not-working-when-I-pan-or-zoom

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

I have Pickfirst set to 1 so I shouldn't be losing the selection when panning, but?

Next drawing may work correctly. I've had a few strange things happen since loading 2013.

Message 6 of 6

for a temporary work around.  go to options/selection tab and set Object selection limit for display of grips to 1   

if you do that then as long as you select at least 2 entities before panning they will still be selected eventhough not visibly until zooming or initiating a command.  

Hope that helps someone figure out exactly what the problem is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report