AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Contributor
dstevens
Message 1 of 5 (307 Views)

Selection Issue with panning.

307 Views, 4 Replies
12-27-2012 07:36 AM

Why when I select and object and then pan do I lose my selection?

Civil 3d 2013 SP1

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 2 of 5 (301 Views)

Re: Selection Issue with panning.

12-27-2012 08:06 AM in reply to: dstevens

If you select the entities first, pan to where you can't see them, select more entities and then issue the command you will lose those that are off the screen. If you issue the command first, select then pan. You should keep the whole selection set.

Contributor
dstevens
Message 3 of 5 (281 Views)

12-27-2012 11:43 AM in reply to: dstevens

Thank you for the help. 

I am selecting the items without using the "select" command. Have always done this before C3D 2013 with no problem. Using the command does seem to work as it should though.

Thank you again.

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 4 of 5 (275 Views)

12-27-2012 12:19 PM in reply to: dstevens

It's not the Select command. If you have PICKFIRST set to one and select an entity without activating any command you'll get grips. If you then issue the Move command you'll move all gripped items on screen. I'm sorry if this is covering basics you already know. But I want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

I just tried a test in 2012 and couldn't duplicate the problem. This may have been an issue in an older version that was fixed and then broken again in 2013. I tend to develop habits that avoid an error and then might not notice when it's fixed.

There may be other conditions that trigger this. Here are links to the most recent posts I found when I searched the boards.

Panning-loses-selected-objects

Multiple-grip-selection-not-working-when-I-pan-or-zoom

Contributor
dstevens
Message 5 of 5 (267 Views)

12-27-2012 01:03 PM in reply to: AllenJessup

I have Pickfirst set to 1 so I shouldn't be losing the selection when panning, but?

Next drawing may work correctly. I've had a few strange things happen since loading 2013.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs