Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Box in 2010

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
GreeneSWCD
218 Views, 6 Replies

Selection Box in 2010

I've moved from 2012 to a network version of 2010 recently.  So far, so good, but I've encountered a setting that I can't locate.  While trying to mass delete untrue triangles while editing a surface, I can't use a selection box to select a bunch  of lines at the same time.  Please tell me this is just a setting, and where to find it so I can toggle it on! 

Thanks, Jeremiah

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

C3D doesn't recognize the automatic drag setting for normal selections. You can type in C or W or WP or CP or F to use any of these options when deleting TIN lines.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
GreeneSWCD
in reply to: Jeff_M

"C3D doesn't recognize the automatic drag setting for normal selections"

Do you mean just 2010 doesn't? Because I know 2012 did. 

'F' works well, and I'll be happy with this if a box isn't possible.  Thanks for that hint! 

Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M

@GreeneSWCD wrote:

"C3D doesn't recognize the automatic drag setting for normal selections"

Do you mean just 2010 doesn't? Because I know 2012 did. 

'F' works well, and I'll be happy with this if a box isn't possible.  Thanks for that hint! 

I think 2012 is the first version that the implied Window or Crossing DID work. (And I didn't even notice this was finally fixed since I knew it never worked before I've not tried it in a long time.)You can still use the 'box' by issuing the C (for crossing window) or W for Window.

EESignature
Message 5 of 7
GreeneSWCD

Actually 'c' opens the circle command and 'w' opens the write block command.  No worries though, 'f' works like a charm. 

I'm still missing 2012 though... 

Thanks for your help. 

Message 6 of 7
Jeff_M

Enter C or W at the Select Edges prompt.... So select the surface, choose Delete TIN lines, the Select edges: prompt appears, type C for a crossing window or W for a non-crossing Window.

I don't blame you for missing 2012. Once I started using it I moved all my projects to 2012.

EESignature
Message 7 of 7
GreeneSWCD

I am a federal government employee as of about a month ago.  At my old job, I had a windows 7, 64 bit, machine with an i7 processor, a 10k rpm drive, and 16 gig of ram to run 2012 very nicely.  Since moving into the Fed system, I now have a laptop with XP 32 bit os, i5 processor, and all of 3.5 gigs of ram to run 2010. 

2012 isn't the only thing I'm missing right now!  And I bet you can't blame me there either.  😉 

Thanks for the help, and the explanation on how to use the commands.  I appreciate it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report