AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
MatthewB80097
Message 1 of 3 (609 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sections not showing in Section View

609 Views, 2 Replies
11-01-2010 05:04 AM

Im having trouble displaying my sections in my section views  On the section display im showing a variety of different surfaces including existing and new, all sections have Draw - checked. New surfaces are taken from my corridors. Its odd I was expecting to see at least the existing surface which covers the whole length of the site but I can only get the first 80m of the sections on my alignment to display. Sample lines do go through all the surfaces. Any help would be appreciated.

AutoCad Civils 3D - 2009 SP2

Valued Contributor
MatthewB80097
Message 2 of 3 (602 Views)

Re: Sections not showing in Section View

11-01-2010 06:09 AM in reply to: MatthewB80097

I have found a workaround for this one -

In prospector - Alignment - Sample line Groups - Properties. Sections Tab - Sample More sources. Remove all the surfaces that you have listed and add them back. For some reason this makes them appear. I have no idea why it doesn't work from the create menu in the first place.

Distinguished Contributor
bwyarger
Message 3 of 3 (347 Views)

Re: Sections not showing in Section View

06-22-2011 03:04 PM in reply to: MatthewB80097

I have followed the previous suggestion with mixed results.  I got the new final surface to show, but I have some old section from corridors that are no longer valid and I don't see them in the Sample Lines - Sections, but they are still drawing in the actual sections.

Brad

C3D 2011

Vista Business 64

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2014
XP, Vista, 7

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs