Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view group labeling

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
charles.neely
806 Views, 6 Replies

Section view group labeling

I have multiple alignments. When I create a section view group I would like a label at the top or bottom that is the alignment name. I cant find this option and I'm certain it exists! Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: charles.neely

Edit your section view style. Go to the Title tab, Click the button with the A and a pencil icon. The text editor appears. Add the Parent Alignment.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
charles.neely
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thats what I currently do, but I consider it a work around. I want a title for the group of section views if possible. That method puts it on each section. It's better than nothing but I would prefer one group label. Thanks.

Message 4 of 7

I am not sure if this works with section labels but it works with alignment labels.

hold the control key down and select the label. Go to properties. Set new style.

This is how to change the style of one label within a label group.

that way you can label the first section with the parent alignement name (and maybe the last) and leave the rest as just the station.

IF IT WORKS LIKE ALIGNMENT LABELS AND OTHERS DO

Message 5 of 7
jmayo-EE

Ok I think you want a label with the alignment name to use as a title for sections? If this is correct use a Note Label and use the same Reference Text component in the note label... 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
charles.neely
in reply to: jmayo-EE

That's just what I needed! Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
jmayo-EE

HTH Charles.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report