Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view Center Line block

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1014 Views, 6 Replies

Section view Center Line block

Hi, Is there a way to put in Section view Style a Center Line Block to
see it automatically on any Section view.

Thanks in advance
Leo
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kcobabe
in reply to: Anonymous

Why don't you just change the Center Axis linetype to Center?

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

kcobabe escribió:
> Why don't you just change the Center Axis linetype to Center?
Excellent!, but how can I insert the block with flags?, I only could
insert text...

Leo
Message 4 of 7
kcobabe

That part may need to be done manually or with a elevation labelstyle, either way it will not do it automitcally unless it's a band style. Try playing around with the band styles and you may find something that works for you. If you always had a grade break, which almost never happens with a complex roadway, then you could just setup a grade break labelstyle.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 5 of 7
mmccall

My first thought was to look for a font style that had the flag symbol in it and use it for a horizontal top axis label. No luck.

However, you can use the block you have in a section label. Setup a Major Offset label style with only the block component, anchored tot he , and using the 'Anchor Offset Extension' anchor point. When you use this style set the start and end offset values to 0. (so you only get one of these at the center) Set the Dim anchor values to control its vertical location.

Band styles also have the ability to use a block. You can anchor one to the top of the section view and place the block at the centerline.

HTH

BTW: You can apply multiples of the same type of labels with different styles and settings.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

MMccall escribió:
> My first thought was to look for a font style that had the flag symbol in it and use it for a horizontal top axis label. No luck.
>
> However, you can use the block you have in a section label. Setup a Major Offset label style with only the block component, anchored tot he , and using the 'Anchor Offset Extension' anchor point. When you use this style set the start and end offset values to 0. (so you only get one of these at the center) Set the Dim anchor values to control its vertical location.
>
> Band styles also have the ability to use a block. You can anchor one to the top of the section view and place the block at the centerline.
>
> HTH
>
>
> BTW: You can apply multiples of the same type of labels with different styles and settings.

It works!, I do it with using bands

Leo
Message 7 of 7
kcobabe

yeah the only way to get it to work automatically would be a band. Anything else would require you to do something extra.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report