Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view Bands shows wrong elevation.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1542 Views, 4 Replies

Section view Bands shows wrong elevation.

Elevations existing ground gives in the band not the correct value, I putted everything in meters but it still doesn t match with the label that gives the correct elevation, same problem with the offset distance in the band. Can someone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks like the label components in your band style is set to show the elevations in feet. you need to change the band style to a metric style or edit the band style components to show the objects in meters.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I tried already to change every possible parameter in meters but it still doesn't work. Is it normal that you need to change everything in meters where you can find foot, can' t you do it somewhere for the entire drawing?

Thx in advance.

Message 4 of 5
Hidden_Brain

edit the band style, major minor stations to report the elevation in feet (make sure to click the blue arrow in the label editor).

Message 5 of 5
andrewpuller3811

If you are going to work in meters you need to start from a template that is based on metric or has styles setup for metric.

All the labels that are shown in relation to civil 3d objects are controlled by styles, each of which can be set internally to display feet and/or meters. Any object that is displaying in feet that you want to display in meters will need the style changed either through changing the style that the object is using or editing the existing the style. There is no variable that will do that for you.

You can import metric styles into your current drawing and replace the styles in use with them. Check out the command importstylesandsettings.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report