Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section only showing part of corridor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
backwoodsbw
376 Views, 3 Replies

Section only showing part of corridor

i want the sections to show the assembly shapes from each alignment in the corridor. My sample lines are cut wide enough to include and my FG surface and datum surface from the corridor show correctly on the sections, but only the shapes for the assemblies related to the alignment that I cut the sample lines from will show up.

The secondary road assemblies (which are a different alignment but the same corridor) do not show up.

This is a section from my secondary road. The FG surface is represented by the blue lines (yes I realize I have an issue with the bottom surface getting hung on a point 😉 )

So the surface is being created correctly.

1072i564C5CE5F41BAF4E

Now the second picture shows the assembly from the primary road surface. It does not show the assembly from the first picture. In the top section, it should show an assembly similar to the one above, but without the surface extending past, and the second section should show both assemblies.

1074i8F542C3A50A8D070I

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: backwoodsbw

I think the simplest answer is You Can't do that!   The only thing you can do is get various surfaces (Top, Datum, etc.) across your section width and show it that way.

Bill

Message 3 of 4
backwoodsbw
in reply to: wfberry

I was afraid of that answer. Means I'll still be drawing in a lot of my sections.

Message 4 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: backwoodsbw

I believe that a work-a-round is to attach all of your assemblies to one Alignment.  Search for ways to do this.  Scott McEachron, has (had) some info on his blog.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report