Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section label sets - civil 3d 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jlerari11
298 Views, 3 Replies

Section label sets - civil 3d 2013

I'm trying to figure out where to control the section label sets that are attached to the section "entities" when I create multiple section views.  It seems to default to 'standard' for all entities sampled.  I have created the section label sets that I would like to use for each entity, eg. subgrade, finished grade etc., but don't know where to select it when sections are created.  I can get desired results by selecting each entity in a section view individually, but it's very tedious since I will have over a hundred sections views to show with 3 entities sampled each.  These sections were created from sample lines across multiple surfaces and not from a corridor.  It seems logical that the section label set would be tied to the section style, but I don't think it is.  The only thing the section style seems to control is the layer and a name, it's nearly useless.   Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.mckenzie
in reply to: jlerari11

you click on a grid line then right click with mouse. go to section view group properties.

this will allow you to change each sampled surface like below.

Capture1.PNG

You can also do this for the sampled existing grade when you create multiple views in a very similar fashion.

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 4
john.mckenzie
in reply to: jlerari11

the key here is to change the section view GROUP properties. it will hold these settings for all the sections using that surface in the entire group.

Message 4 of 4

lastly,

right click on section view and set the defaults this will set the default and give you one less to modify when you go to the section group modification method described above.

Capture2.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report