Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Volume Report units error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
171 Views, 2 Replies

Section Volume Report units error

In the default Imperial Earthworks XML report under the Sections "Quantity Takeoff..." menu, the volume headings read as "Cu. ft.". They should be revised to "Cu.Yd".. The calculations performed are correct; the headings in the default XML need revising. And Yes, I'm working on Sunday. No football today. Thanks, Dave Dixon Clark Nexsen, Architecture & Engineering Norfolk, VA USA
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Dave. Really work quantity take off for you? I get many wrong areas
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Doing a spot check of random sections in my model, I'm getting good valid results. No errors in calculated areas. It did take me a while to get the corridor model and the assembly I created working like I wanted it to though. My task was to calculate earthwork along a water line trench where we have two different water lines with 2 different vertical alignments. One water line is 12"; the other changes from 2" to 6" to 8" long the alignment, so that didn't make things any easier. So I created one corridor model containing one horizontal alignment and two vertical alignments/profiles. After fiddling around with the sub-assemblies for a while, I got my sections the way I wanted them to show up. Then used "Quantity Takeoff" to generate the amount of excavation required (all Cut volume). I noticed after printing the report that the volume headings were labeled in Cubic Feet which really threw me for a loop at first. But then after manually figuring a couple of sections by average-end method, I concluded that the volume headings in the standard XML template should be listed in Cubic Yards. I'm still trying to get a grasp on the "Link Templates". I wish there were more detailed examples of usage. I viewed the webcast on Assemblies and Sub-assemblies but that didn't show any demonstrations of how to use them; just discussed methodologies (powerpoint slides; no live demos). Dave D. "aljareth_" wrote in message news:27134122.1107117679188.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi Dave. Really work quantity take off for you? I get many wrong areas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report