Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Views

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
cecjack
509 Views, 7 Replies

Section Views

I am trying to create section views to track beach erosion. I have created an alignment and sample lines successfully. The shorter sections look as they should. The longer sections are a mirror of themselves (ex: a section that should be 529' in length is drawn as 1058'). Is this a matter of needing to create a corridor and going the other processes that normally have to be done for a road or is there something else I am missing here?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
KirkNoonan
in reply to: cecjack

It would be helpful if you could post a picture depicting what the problem is

Message 3 of 8
neilyj666

No need for a corridor - as long as you have the sample lines and have identified the surface to sample you should be good to go but as the other poster said we can't really see what's going on without a picture or dwg file and so can't be much more help at the moment

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 8
cecjack

Here is a look at the sections. As you can see the bottom has data bands that do not appear in the top section even though the style has not been changed as well as the section name being offset.

Message 5 of 8
KirkNoonan

I looked at your file. There don't seem to be any sample lines, sections or section views in it anywhere. There is a polyline that is roughly perpendicular to the alignment. I drew a couple of quick profiles along those lines and they seem to be what one would expect to see.

Message 6 of 8
cecjack

I think that was from yesterday. Let me try this. There are definitley sample lines in my drawing.

Message 7 of 8
KirkNoonan

Double check your offset side. You have a few sample lines with a left offset where it looks like it should be a right offset. Not sure why the bad ones were doubling their length or even why they were showing data where there is none, but if you swap the non-zero left offsets for a right offset instead, and adjust the offsets in the section view, everything looks fine.

Message 8 of 8
cecjack
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Thank you very much. For some reason when I created the sample lines they were created with a left offset only instead of just a right offset. Had to go to sample line properties and change all of the bigger x-sections. Still getting data bands where they are not wanted but I can fix that easy enough. Must be another one of those quirks that this program ahs become known for. Thank you again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report