Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Views in C3D 2011 and Corridors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tsaxy2k8
837 Views, 2 Replies

Section Views in C3D 2011 and Corridors

OK quick question.  I'm running Civil 3D 2011 and have a bunch of cross sections that someone else created.  What I'm seeing is that after they created the section views, I had to go back and add in the curb returns along this road alignment into the corridor, which I did and it looks great.  What I'm not seeing is the acutal corridor subassemblies showing up in the section views along the stations where I added in the curb returns and their alignments.

Am I missing something here?  Shouldn't they just "show up"?  Or am I going to have to go back and wipeout all the Section views and recreate inorder to get the new pieces of the corridor to show up?

Thanks,

Heidi B.

PS I've attached a PDF that shows 3 section views, the top section is at the beginning of the intersection where i created a curb return inside the corridor, the other two are just before the curb return.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: tsaxy2k8

So you have a main corridor for the road CL and another corridor (or another baseline within the same corridor) for the curb returns?  And you want to see them both in the same XS View?

What you want is impossible with Civil 3D 2011.  2012 yes.  You'll need to sample the corridor surfaces to see anything.

Even in 2012, it's not perfect.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
tsaxy2k8
in reply to: mathewkol

One Corridor, two seperate, actually more than two, but to keep it simple 2 baselines.  ONe road Centerline, once curb return alignment.  I want both a corridor to show up in the CL section view, and then where it samples along the curb return, I want the corridor to show there as well.  The PDF I sent shows the road CL showing up just fine but in the section view at the top that's where I have a sample line going through the corridor where the curb return alignment is at, it is not showing up.  It should be possilbe, no different then adding another baseline at a specific spot with an assembly to it.  What I don't get is why it just doesn't show up.

Now I know in 2012 it does it and it did it in 2010 and before cause I did this all the time.  But I think this has to do with the creation of the section views.  My gut says that once you make the section views it takes a snap shot of the corridor at that time, which back then before I got the job, there were no curb returns added to the road.  My gut also says I"ll have to recreate the section views in order for the new baselines to show up, instead of hoping that they just magically appear.

I'm trying to find out if this is true or not.  If they should just show up then why are they not showing is my next question.

Heidi.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report