Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View Style : Title Annotation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rkmcswain
996 Views, 2 Replies

Section View Style : Title Annotation

We have a project where the alignment is not in the center of the section (it's along one edge of the project), but we want the Title Annotation ("STA. 165+00") to show up in the center of the sections.

If you choose "Center" justification in the style, it "centers" it about the zero offset, which in our case is actually the left side.

Is there any way to truly center this call, short of turning it OFF and manually creating separate labels?

Unfortunately, I can't use "Center" and give it a "Y" offset, because the alignment does vary slightly (±30 feet) within these 250' cross sections - which would cause the label to vary by that much also...

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: rkmcswain

Does using the top axis title slot for section view station keep it in the center of the section?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 3
Krista_Paredes
in reply to: rkmcswain

I think the first response you got was correct but it wasn't 100% clear.  I had this issue as well and I just got it resolved. What I did was to use the 'Axis Title Text' box option rather than the 'Graph View Title'.  In the case of the Axis Title Text it doesn't matter whether you use top, bottom, or sides, it will justify it to the center of the section view rather than the center of the alignment.  You may need to go into your display tab and make sure that the axis title is turned on and the graph view title is turned off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report