Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View Grid Spacing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
wizengr
2779 Views, 2 Replies

Section View Grid Spacing

I learnt that grid spacing in Section Views/Cross Section Sheets is controlled by the Bottom Horizontal Axes minor tick intervals and Left Vertical Axes minor tick intervals in the Section View Style dialog box(see Capture). If this is true what, then, is the function of the grid spacing settings in the "Plot Are" Tab of "Group Plot Style" dialog box (see the other Capture).

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: wizengr

You can have the group plot style place the grid lines on a sheet-wide basis instead of per individual profile or section. This would be like plotting on grid paper (remember that?.)

This is an either/or option. You wouldn't use both at the same time.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
wizengr
in reply to: wizengr

I'd like to know how the minor tick intervals and the plot area grid details work together regarding the grid spacing in the Section Views or in the plotted cross section sheets. If I enter 10" in the tick interval textbox (Section View Style Dia Box) and enter 0.6" in the plot area details text box(Group Plot Style Dia Box), which entry will influence my grid spacings?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report