Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section, Label and Section View queries

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
T_Bernhard
175 Views, 3 Replies

Section, Label and Section View queries

G'day all,

I'm trying to create our corporate .dwt and am battling with sections and section views, so I have some questions; sorry if some of these have been answered in other threads, I couldn't locate them if so:

1) Is it possible to change the automatic labelling on multiple sections without doing them one-by-one? The Label Set can be applied when initially creating the Multiple Section Views, but there appears no way of going back and editing multiple Section Views; where do you do that?

2) Similar problem with the Section View Data Bands: can you change the Section Objects from which the Data Bands extract their information without doing it one section view at a time? Where?

3) What variable controls the spacing of the section views from each other? I'm aware of the coarse control in the Array tab of the Group Plot Style box, but what variable controls what the distance "1 Major Grid" equals? Where's the fine tuning?

4) Is there any way of making the automatic labels for the Section Objects rotate to the segment angle/slope? I know it can be done with the link labels...

5) The Sheet tab of the Sheet Style dialog box asks for a page layout: where do you define the default model and layout page layouts? What's the difference? Sorry, I've never worked with Sheet Manager before...

Okay, that about covers it for now. I am really hoping none of these are still wishlist items because changing sections one-by-one seems so wrong as to be ludicrous.

Any assistance or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation,
Trevor Message was edited by: T_Bernhard
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
T_Bernhard
in reply to: T_Bernhard

Damn it, I hate doing this, given that this post has already done the mill once, but I think that these "multiple section editing" questions should be addressed. Is no one else having any trouble with these issues? Has everyone got work-arounds? Or has all this lot been addressed in other threads and I'm simply to thick to be able to locate those discussions?

Anyways, as before, all comments and assistance gratefully received. And if the post gets ignored a second time, I promise not to reprocess it again....

Thanks,
Trevor
Message 3 of 4
nzeeben

Ok I will bite.

1.) You are correct after creating the views you have to adjust on a one by one. I often just dump a new batch on screen.
2.)See above.
3.)The spacing is the grid spacing of your section view. If you have a 10' major grid then 1 grid should be 10'. The fine tunning is manual. Move command.
4.) You should just need to adjust the orientation reference in your segment label style to object. By default they seem to be roatated to view.
5.) The page setup command will allow you to define these. File menu -> page setup manager. You will need to be in layout mode to define a paper space type. And vice versa for model.
Message 4 of 4
T_Bernhard

Thanks for biting, Nick. I don't usually bite back 🙂

1) & 2) Bummer! Manchester: Wishlist item #13890 - multiple section view editing. Including the data bands. Especially the data bands. Please!
3) I'd been doing that, but it seems to me that that makes putting the option in the dialog box redundant. Oh well, I can live with it...
4) Ah! Thanks. Got too used to ignoring the General tab. You live and make mistakes...
5) Okay, I'll try some more fiddling; I couldn't seem to make it work, but I've not done much experimenting yet.

Thanks again for the reply, Nick.

Trevor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report