Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Band Style - Design levels at Grade Breaks, no triangles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nickelson
569 Views, 2 Replies

Section Band Style - Design levels at Grade Breaks, no triangles

Hi all

What I would like to achieve is a section band style for bulk earthworks and simple access roads that shows the design level at Grade Breaks only. The problem I am having is that Grade Breaks are being recognised as where the sample line crosses a triangle, not where the the grade actually changes/crosses a feature line.

A have a number of simple platforms, that I have created using an infill from feature lines, usually these platforms are surrounded entirely by feature lines of the same height. As to be expected, Civil 3d creates a few flat triangles, and as a consequence, all of the points where the sample line crosses these show up on my band style. 

Is there any way to achieve this band style? (could be a solution or a workaround)

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Maccadin
in reply to: nickelson

Hi nickelson,

I've been working with grade breaks in sections views the last few days myself trying to figure it out. I find the labelling of grade breaks to be a bit rigid as in my corridor I cant specifically tell Civil3D what parts of my subassembly I want it to label in the bands of the section view leading to a lot of redundant information (similar to what you have).

The only saving grace I've found is to go to your Section View Properties and on the bands tab play around with the weeding setting and see if that kills some of your redundant data. This isn't the best workaround because you can't specifically say not to show grade breaks at triangle crossings like you want. Hopefully someone more adept in the field can help us.

Message 3 of 3
nickelson
in reply to: nickelson

thanks for your reply, yep, let's hope someone can help us...

I have played around with the weeding factor, it has helped a little but still doesn't solve the problem - I was also trying to mess around with the minimize flat spots edits for the surface, turning it off etc... but that didn't help.

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report