AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
bhamilton
Message 1 of 7 (9,380 Views)
Accepted Solution

Screen flickers when moving the mouse around an open drawing.

9380 Views, 6 Replies
10-15-2010 08:18 PM

Okay,

As the  title says,

The screen flickers when I move the mouse around an open drawing.  I just applied the latest patch to Civil 3D 2010.  It was not doing this before the patch.

Have Quadro 3500 video card. Updated the driver for that with no change.

Have a Logitech wireless mouse, M310.  Up dated the driver for that with effect.

Changed to a wired mouse, no change.

Is there a setting in Autocad where I can set the refresh rate so that it does not refresh while moving the mouse. Or at least slow the automatic refresh rate down?

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 2 of 7 (9,369 Views)

Re: Screen flickers when moving the mouse around an open drawing.

10-16-2010 07:46 AM in reply to: bhamilton

Don't be discouraged, it is unlikely that you would have figured it out, fortunately for me and others someone  determined the fix. 

Turn off Hardware Accelleration, then turn it back on.

(Don't ask why, just accept it.)

<G>

Bill

Valued Mentor
Valued Mentor
sjg
Message 3 of 7 (9,368 Views)

10-16-2010 07:46 AM in reply to: bhamilton
Many people are having this problem with this update. Type 3config and turn off 3d accelerator. This worked for me.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2013
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Contributor
bhamilton
Message 4 of 7 (9,364 Views)

10-16-2010 08:09 AM in reply to: bhamilton

That works.   Thanks

Contributor
bhamilton
Message 5 of 7 (9,363 Views)

10-16-2010 08:10 AM in reply to: wfberry

That worked. Thanks

Product Support
Joshua.Coombs
Message 6 of 7 (9,324 Views)

10-18-2010 06:36 AM in reply to: bhamilton

I just wanted to point out that there are a number of other symptoms that we have found related to this issue.  Most likely it is being caused by an unsupported graphics card driver, or unsupported graphics card.  Development is looking into why Update 1 might have triggered this issue for many users. 

As noted in previous suggestions, the resolution for this issue is to toggle the Hardware Acceleration option. 

Please refer to the following technical solution for a complete list of the symptoms and a complete list of steps to resolve these issues: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS15851876

Joshua Coombs
Global Technical Lead – AEC Civil
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

gaban35
Message 7 of 7 (7,206 Views)

03-29-2012 11:16 AM in reply to: bhamilton

Hi there, I used an Applle Display for Revit, and i was having the same problem; each time i click anywhere, the windows started flickering or flashing.... I've deselected the "press &Drag" case but didnt resolve.... After making uptades and trying to fix it, nothing

work. Finally after 5 hrs waisting my time, I fixed by the dummiest way i imagine:

Under the ribbon, there is a line that actiates when you select a title block or something, right click and select "Dock at Bottom".... anyways that solve my problem.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs