Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen flashes during Save

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rkmcswain
534 Views, 7 Replies

Screen flashes during Save

I have a drawing that when I am in a layout and run QSAVE (or if autosave fires), the screen "flashes". More specifically the layout disappears for a second and during this time, the entire screen is black (the animated GIF below plays a bit fast)

This only happens in one particular drawing, and any drawing this one is xrefed into. Before I recreate this drawing from scratch, has anyone else ever seen this?

EDIT: If I turn off REGENAUTO, the flash does not happen. Still, something is weird about this drawing.

qsaveflash2.gif

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rkmcswain

Oh you get some great stuff. I have never seen that. Did you confirm the issue on another PC?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
troma

I sometimes have a black screen during regen. If you run REGENALL without the QSAVE do you get the flash?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: troma

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh you get some great stuff. I have never seen that. Did you confirm the issue on another PC?

John, yes it does the same thing on other machines.

@troma wrote:
I sometimes have a black screen during regen. If you run REGENALL without the QSAVE do you get the flash?

No flashing during a regenall. Only during Qsave and autosave with Regenauto enabled.

And to add to the mystery... if I switch to MS from the layout and run a QSAVE, about 1/2 the time the drawing will do something funky like pan or zoom on its own during the save (instead of the flash I get in PS). I hate the unknown. It's probably nothing but an annoyance, but I would hate to ignore it and then start running into corrupt drawings in a few weeks...

Message 5 of 8
jmayo-EE

I would be worried about that one too. I would use a Selectall and go through the props to see if some unexpected objects are in the list. I think I would also try to xml and wblock it into a new dwg hoping to resolve the issue. Perhaps in pieces to help identify what is giving you the light show.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: jmayo-EE

@Anonymous wrote:

I would be worried about that one too. I would use a Selectall and go through the props to see if some unexpected objects are in the list. I think I would also try to xml and wblock it into a new dwg hoping to resolve the issue. Perhaps in pieces to help identify what is giving you the light show.

Yep, done everything along those lines that I can think of....

I did manage to catch it doing the crazy pan (and pan back) in MS during a save. (once again, the GIF plays faster than real speed)

savejump3.gif

Message 7 of 8
jmayo-EE

Ok I'm curious with this one Randy. Any luck rebuilding the lots from xml or blocking? Still have the light show?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
mkcarchitect

I'm having the same problem with one drawing.  All other dwgs are fine.  I hope we can figure this out!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report