Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling multiple objects while holding each individual center point

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
abetts
4822 Views, 6 Replies

Scaling multiple objects while holding each individual center point

I need to scale up about 300 circles (manholes) but i need to hold the center point of each manhole. is there a command for this so i don't have to scale each individual circle?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
w_davis
in reply to: abetts

you can select all of the circles by using the command QSELECT, then the command SCALE and it will scale all of your circles but as far as maintaining their center-points I am not sure....

Message 3 of 7
troma

Select all your circles, go to the properties box and set a new radius for them.

This presumes that you want them to all be the same as each other.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: troma

I feel the above answers aren't good for the OP:

1] the Scale command needs a reference point, so it won't retain the original 300 centers

2] I bet those manholes have different radius...

A solution would be the following:

1] _MAPEXPORT the circles to polygon shapefile, with full geometric attributes as Object Data

2] open the .DBF in a spreadsheet, and multiple the Radius column according to the desired factor

3] erase all but the X,Y,Z and radius columns

4] save as .CSV file

5] in Autocad, open an empty drawing, and run e.g. "Draw from coordinates" of the magic Cadtools by Glamsen.

Message 5 of 7
troma
in reply to: antoniovinci

If they have different radii I suggest asking on the lisp forum.  I'm sure there's a few lisps around that have done this before.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 7
MtnMax700

Rescale command used to do this.  What happened to it?

David

Message 7 of 7
SurveyorLee

YOu should be able to select the circle and use the properties window, as described above, unless they are a block. Then you can redifine the block with the correct radius.

Surveyor Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report