Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scalelistedit Problem

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
RFrecka
2286 Views, 10 Replies

Scalelistedit Problem

I've been having a problem being able to access the scalelistedit function of Civil 3D. 

Each time I try to edit the list my Civil 3D freezes completely. I can Esc out and everything else works perfectly fine however it's become quite the nuisance. 

I don't get any errors and it appears to be working on the function but after having left it that way for several minutes with no results I'm drawing a blank. The drawing I'm currently on is very small (1.3MB) and I thought size might have been the culprit but it keeps happening..

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
fautodesk
in reply to: RFrecka

Let me help you out with this. You will need to follow the directions to the letter, i.e. don't 'click' on move if I say hit'M' for move.

Start by hitting Alt+Space bar. A menu will pop up. type "M" for move. Then, use your arrow keys left or right until you see the pop up menu for the scalelist. What is happening is your menu is popping up behind you main Autocad frame. You can also try grabbing the windowed frame for autocad (the corners) and make it small enough (don't minimize) that the scalelist shows up. I hoipe this works for you.

Message 3 of 11
RFrecka
in reply to: fautodesk

I hate when it's that simple of a fix..Haha Thanks!

Message 4 of 11
kwiley

i had this same problem and followed the instructions to get the window to pop up... worked great.. but now when i go to add a custom scale it freezes and wont let me add one.. any solution??

Message 5 of 11
dgorsman
in reply to: kwiley

You might be suffering from "excess annotation scales" ie. the list has gotten longer than what the listbox in the dialog can support.  Try using the command line version of the scale list editor to reset the scale list first.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 11
kwiley

tried that.. nope... i am unable to 'delete' any of the scales as well.. very strange.. annoying.. and driving me crazy because i use custom scales all day long.. ughSmiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 11
rkmcswain

I made a animation of this a while back, if anyone is interested for future reference.

http://cadpanacea.com/node/95

http://cadpanacea.com/images/mvdialog.gif

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 11
kwiley
in reply to: rkmcswain

ok! i just realized that my "add" scale window was coming up and that had to do the same thing to move

the window to my screen!! thank you all so much for your help..

Message 9 of 11
tt501613

Thank you x 100!

On my system the arrows did not do anything following your instructions, however I left clicked the mouse an drug it from right to left and lo and behold, there was the dialog box.  It is REALLY important to follow your instructions to the letter because if, for example, one clicks on move instead of typing in M, the method does not work. 

I have been trying to fix this issue for days.  It does make one wonder if Autodesk ever tested this feature before release since so many have had trouble with it.

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: tt501613

Although Autodesk could be proactive and try to ensure that none of their child windows end up "off the screen" - this is not really their fault. It could happen to any app in the same way.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 11 of 11

I have noticed a lot more child windows getting brought up behind other windows in the latest Windows 10 updates.  Happens quite often with Microsoft office products.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report